10 wealthiest rappers in the world
|Eminem and 50 cents at southpaw premiere|
Rich Celebrities: 10 richest rappers in the world today.
The rap game is all about making money; Making it and spending it, and rapping about that. To many rap fans, the flamboyant never ending cycle of fiery lyrics, bling, women, as well as the constantly increasing celebrity net worth of these stars, seems to be all there is to rap music. But wrong they are.
When it comes down to it, Hip Hop music is really all about incredible talent, branding,marketing and a big dose of luck.
One thing the fans are right about though, is the money. Good rap music makes a lot of money. It creates some of the richest celebrities in entertainment, and it also provides numerous spin off opportunities to make even more money.
Let's take a look at the top 10 wealthiest rappers in 2016.
This list is hot! Hip hop moguls take their rightful places on the money list. Here are the 10 richest hip hop artistes on planet earth with the highest Celebrity net worth in rap music. Let's go!
10. Curtis "50 cents"Jackson : 50 as he is popularly called is a New York native. A rapper discovered by Eminem and signed by Shady records and Aftermath.
Jackson is a rapper,actor, entrepreneur and the executive producer of popular hit TV sitcom "Power."
In spite of fluctuations in his net worth, 50 cents net worth is currently valued at $100 million.
9. Dwayne “Lil Wayne” Carter Jr:
This breakthrough rapper is on the ninth spot. Formerly of cash money records, Dwayne Carter Jr, AKA "Lil Wayne" released his first solo album in 1999, and the album sold over a million copies catapulting him into solo stardom.
The tattooed rap star followed up his debut album success with hit after hit.
The creation of Young money entertainment and the signing of eventual big stars like Drake and Niki Minaj, shot Lil Wayne's net worth to $150 million.
8. Bryan "Birdman" Williams:
Comes in at number 8 on the hot money list of the richest rappers on earth.
Forbes magazine estimates his net worth at $160 million.
7. Ronald "Slim" Williams : One of the founding members of cash money records and also the brother of Birdman.
Slim ties with his brother at $160 million net worth.
6. Marshal "Eminem" Mathers.
In the year 2000, Eminem released "The Marshal Mathers LP" which is reputed to be the fastest selling album in Rap History.
Discovered by Dr. Dre, Eminem released a series of successful hit albums under Dr.Dre's Aftermath records before starting his own record label, and signing top selling artistes.
Eminem's net worth is estimated at $210 million.
5. Percy "Master P" Miller: Founder of No limit records and a rapper himself.
Master P's net worth is $325 million.
4. Russell Simmons: Hip hop veteran money man and co-founder of Def Jam records, Simmons has a net worth in the range of $340—$350 million.
3. Sean "Jay Z" Carter : Winner of 21 grammy awards and with incredible record sales of over 100 million albums, Jay Z is a rap and business mogul in his own right.
From sports entertainment, his 40/40 club and Clothing line Roca wear, Jay Z is making and spending money in droves.
Jay Z net worth is about $650 million.
2. Sean "Diddy" Combs: Formerly number 1. Rapper, actor, entertainer and entrepreneur, Sean Combs now comes in at number 2 with a colossal net worth of $735 million.
1. Dr. Dre: The king of hip hop's top 10 richest rappers is non other than hard working veteran rapper, producer and entrepreneur Dr. Dre.
Dre pulled off a mega business deal with Apple that earned him a staggering $300 million and put him firmly in the number one spot.
He is currently estimated to be worth
almost a billion dollars. Dr. Dre's net worth is a mind jarring $855 million.