Not many people would have lived after such a deadly attack, but little Mathew beat the odds—with a little help of course.
In a potentially fatal incident, a 10 year old boy was bitten by the world's deadliest spider in Australia. Named the funnel-web spider it is known for having one of the most deadly bites. Fortunately, the boy has miraculously recovered after he was administered 12 vials of anti-venom! It is the largest dose of anti-poison ever given to a patient in the country's medical history.
10 year old boy, Matthew Mitchell was beaten on his hand while he and his dad were cleaning a shed. He instantly started sweating and frothing at the mouth . He was then rushed to the hospital and was discharged a day later, wowing wildlife experts.
Some animal experts voiced their stunned opinion.
“I’ve never heard of it, it’s incredible,” said Tim Faulkner, a wildlife expert. “And to walk out of hospital a day later with no effects is a testament to the antivenom.”
Describing the bite, Mitchell told the Australian Daily Telegraph: “It [the spider] sort of clawed onto me and all the legs and everything crawled around my finger and I couldn’t get it off.”
Strong kid, proud dad. Darren Mitchell, the father of the boy, said: ‘He went from pain in his finger until getting the tingling up his arm ... but he stayed conscious the whole time.”
Quick death venom.The funnel-web is considered the deadliest spider in the world. According to wildlife facts, the Spider's fast-acting venom can kill within 15 minutes. The boy had a very lucky escape indeed.