At the age of 32, the talismanic Real Madrid striker has achieved much more than 5 great footballers combined. And the amazing thing about it all is this—he still has plenty of gas left in the tank.
Already, record breaking footballer Cristiano Ronaldo has his name written in just about every football record book there is. But last night he added even more records to the growing list, when he helped Real Madrid pull off a stunning victory against Juventus.
The Portuguese international who scored a brace to boost Madrid to a 3rd Champions League title in the last 4 attempts, was truly the match winner.
To get a better idea if the new and astonishing football records set by Ronaldo in the final against Juventus, here is a list that will blow your mind.
1. He became the first player to score in three Champions League finals
2. He beat Lionel Messi to finish as the top scorer in this season's Champions League. He has now been top scorer in more Champions League campaigns than anyone else. He has a total of 105 goals while Messi has 94.
3. He scored the 600th goal of his career (for club and country combined). He also scored Real Madrid's 500th Champions league goal.
4. He became the 20th player in history to win four or more European Cups
5. He drew level with Raul on 144 Champions League appearances, putting him joint fourth on the all-time list
Can you beat that? This brilliant football player who has mostly been in the shadow of Messi most of his career, has now come into his own. Finally he has let his football magic shine through everytime he sets foot on the pitch.
Most people are now tipping him to win his 5th Ballon d 'Or.