Need some solid entertainment? Welcome to the addictive world of YouTube the video sharing platform that has taken us all by storm.
I want to show you the top 10 most watched YouTube videos of all time. But before I do that, let me tell you a little bit about the 3rd title on this list. Yes you got it: Surprise! The trailer for Mira Nair’s 1996 drama, Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love, is the third most watched ever on YouTube, behind only Marvels Avengers Infinity War and Star Wars: The Force Awakens. Nobody expected this of course, but there it is.
It's hard to explain how and why this non-blockbuster movie made it into this elite group of videos and at number 3! “No, that’s not a typo,” ScreenCrush’s Matt Singer noted sarcastically, “a trailer for the 1996 Mira Nair film Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love has been viewed 91 million times. I guess YouTube users just love Mira Nair! There’s really no other possible explanation.”
|Karma Sutra A tale of Love turned out to be quite popular on YouTube|
1. Avengers: Infinity War: 202 million views
2. Star Wars: The Force Awakens: 101 million
3. Kama Sutra A Tale of Love: 91 million
4. Fifty Shades of Grey: 89 million
5. Jurassic World: 86 million
6. Suicide Squad: 85 million
7. Incredibles Part 2: 84 million
8. Avengers: Infinity War, secondTrailer: 83 million
9. Avengers: Age of Ultron: 83 million
10. Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Teaser): 81 million
An interesting mix of Superheros, Aliens and love.
Strangely, Kama Sutra is the cheapest film (by far) on this list. A fact that didn't seem to affect it's popularity.
It is also the only non-blockbuster of the lot, which includes billion dollar franchises such as Star Wars and Jurassic World.
It also beat out the only other erotic movie on the list, 50 Shades of Grey, by 2 million views.